Some posts you write are simply reflective and cathartic. This will be one of those as I am currently in that state of mind. Leadership is a wonderful thing. It definitely has some perks which often makes its price worth paying.
The following are just some of the reasons why I love leaders and leadership:
- Leadership gives organizations and people vision. It takes people somewhere.
- Leadership inspires people. It knows that the world is dying for inspiration.
- Leadership offers solutions. It solves problems.
- Leadership builds teams. It allows you to do life with others and have accomplishment in the context of community.
- Leadership provides hope. It sustains you during difficult times.
- Leadership gives direction. It prevents rudderless activity.
- Leadership is sustained by character. It protects and validates your talent.
- Leadership is influence. It is not positional.
- Leadership serves others. It is not self-serving.
- Leadership leaves a legacy. It impacts a day and time we cannot see.
Thanks for listening to my list today. Leadership is so complex. Who knows, depending on what tomorrow holds, I may have a completely different list. Why don’t you tell us what you love about leadership?
Oh, one more thing. As I read through that list of ten items one more time, it confirmed in my heart and mind this fundamental truth – Jesus Christ is the greatest leader who ever lived.
To automatically receive future posts on leadership, simply subscribe or click here.