I don’t drink alcohol but the Dos Equis Most Interesting Man In The World commercials are the most creative and well-thought out ads on television and radio today. The one I heard last week that stated “Sharks dedicate a week to him” was the epitome of marketing excellence to me.
That got me thinking – if he is the most interesting man in the world, who is the most uninteresting man in the world? If you allow me some creative license, I’d like to take a stab at who that person is:
- He is the designated driver for parties he doesn’t attend.
- His DNA was used to create ritalin.
- Paint hates watching him dry.
- His therapist naps during their sessions.
- He only says good things about his pastor’s message.
- He finds his accountant fascinating.
- His calendar really does contain, a month of Sundays.
- His diary has never been read, even by himself.
- He bought an expanded cable package, so he could get the Hallmark Channel.
- His car goes from 0 to 60, eventually.
He is the most uninteresting man in the world. “I don’t drink often but when I do, I only drink ice water” he says.
I’ll tell you something else about this man however:
- He has a family that loves, respects, and depends on him.
- He brings security to all who are in his life.
- He has good health and will live many years.
- He is honored at his church.
- He helps his wife around the house, his children with their homework, and he says prayers with them as each evening he tucks them into bed.
- He simply flat-out perseveres day in and day out.
- He is financially free because he doesn’t go into debt.
- He honors his father and mother.
- His favorite book is the Bible.
- He slept peacefully well last night.
He is the most uninteresting man in the world. Uninteresting is starting to look quite appealing to me. I’m in, will you join me? Stay thirsty my friends.
For future leadership insights, please subscribe to this post or click here.