A little known fact about me is that Scottie Pippen is my favorite basketball player of all time! Last evening he was inducted into basketball’s Hall of Fame.
Scottie Pippen is the greatest perimeter defender I’ve ever seen. He set a new standard of what it meant to play with a superstar. As a finisher, along with Michael Jordan and Shawn Kemp, he was the best of his era. If you go back and watch the original Dream Team tapes, Pippen’s athleticism and versatility made him the 2nd best player on the court. He is rightfully one of the top 50 players of all-time.
The following are the key leadership quotes that he provided:
- It was so valuable for me as a player to see someone have the same desire, determination, passion, and love for the game. – speaking of Michael Jordan
- MJ, you have touched so many people’s lives but none like mine.
- I did not get to where I’m standing at today without the help of many people.
- Growing up with 11 siblings was a challenge.
- The influence of a high school coach can be so powerful.
- I also played for the greatest coach of all time. Thank you Phil (Jackson).
- I played this game so much and everything I had I laid it out there.
- I’ve also tried to live my life in a way to make the people I love proud of me.
- It was a great ride.
- For all of this I say “Thank God and thank you.”
No, thank you Scottie.
For future leadership insights, please subscribe to this post or click here.