If you hear the phrase “Reporting live from (insert your name) Church”, RUN!!! The attached video is definitely worth two minutes of your time. After watching this disturbing display, I began to think about How do you know when you’re in trouble as a leader or pastor?
The following are the “leadership” principles we can learn from this newscast that let you know it’s time to put U-Haul on your speed dial.
- Your congregation refers to you not as a pastor but as an administrator.
- The word “poor” is not used to describe economic conditions but rather your people skills.
- People start questioning what you’re doing with the money.
- Your inner circle removed you from the circle of trust.
- Nobody’s coming on Sundays.
- The locks are changed while you are out of the office.
- You should never leapfrog your leaders.
- The sweet little old lady who plays the piano, has taught Sunday School for decades, and brings hot bread to shut-ins slaps you…and you hit her back!
- The police breakup the fighting greeters!
- Your name is Hubert Armstrong!
For future leadership insights, please subscribe to this post or click here.