Everyone on the internet loves quotes. Quotes allow us to frame our thoughts and feelings in such a way as to find solutions to the issues we are dealing with.
As an early Christmas gift to all leaders, the following are some great quotes and leadership qualities for you to process and enjoy:
The Sporting News – November 22nd
- Connection – “He was the most street-smart guy I’ve ever been around. He understood everyone’s personality. He’d ask you to do things you might not be able to do, but you’d try to do them for him.” – Pete Rose on the late Sparky Anderson
- Confidence – “He can get his command back when he gets his confidence back.” – MLB scout’s analysis on Jonathan Papelbon
- Contentment – “He’s made a lot of money in the game and looks like he’s a little too happy being what he is…I would not want to take a flier on this guy, not at the money he is making.” – MLB scout’s analysis on Carlos Lee
- Appreciation – “If you’re playing the offensive line and you’re worried about being appreciated, you’re probably playing the wrong position.” – Olin Kreutz
- Growth – “I feel like my goal has been to just get better from week to week.”
- Trust – “As far as patterning your game, you just have to trust your abilities and understand what you’re good at doing and some of the limitations you have.”
- Respect – On head coach Mike Smith “He treats all his players with respect, and all his players respect him for that…He trusts his assistant coaches…He’s also extremely organized…But I think the best part about him is that you can talk to him and he’s just a regular guy.”
- Environment – “I’ve been fortunate to be drafted by a great organization, and I live in a great city.”
- Perspective – “You don’t want to count our winnings before we’ve got them.”
ESPN College Gameday – December 4th
- Leadership – “He’s (Cam Newton) a special breed. He’s been able to lock in, block out all the things that have been swirling. He’s a great leader.” – Auburn head coach Gene Chizik
- Priorities – “Our coaches win. It’s what they expect. It’s what we expect. It’s what we do.” – Coaches that come from Youngstown, OH.
- Morale – “We’re going to go have fun. This is what you’ve worked to put yourself in position for the last year.” – UConn head coach Randy Edsall
- Finishing – “There is a difference between an ending and a finish. Endings are imposed and inflicted. Finishes are earned and celebrated…We don’t remember the start. We never forget the finish.” – Tom Rinaldi
I hope you enjoyed your gift. There’s more presents under the tree to come.
To automatically receive future posts on leadership, simply subscribe or click here.