Leaders cannot do everything! In an effort to provide tools and resources for those in leadership positions, the following is a list of items that those on your team must do for themselves. Feel free to post this somewhere in your office!
- Leaders can cast vision and connect the dots but they cannot give you passion.
- Leaders cannot make sure you get proper rest.
- Leaders can schedule a brainstorming session but they cannot make you creative.
- Leaders can create a good environment but they cannot give you a great attitude.
- Leaders can institute Sensitivity Training but cannot make you get along well with others.
- Leaders cannot make you get to work on time.
- Leaders can sacrifice but they cannot make you go the extra mile.
- Leaders can possess high intelligence but they cannot make you a continual learner.
- Leaders cannot control shifts in the market.
- Leaders cannot control how much traffic you were in this morning.
- Leaders can create opportunity but cannot complete the assignment for you.
- Leaders cannot loan you their character. You either have it for yourself or you don’t.
- Leaders cannot do off-line preparation for you.
- Leaders cannot always give you a raise. You must manage your resources well.
- Leaders cannot control your energy level.
- Leaders can provide you an expense account but cannot control how you act on the road.
- Leaders sometimes cannot control what you think about them.
- Leaders can vote but cannot control changes in government regulations.
- Leaders often are ambitious but cannot control your level of ambition.
- Leaders cannot control if you are self-directed or not.
Leaders are human. We have to be careful not to put unrealistic expectations on them. It is also important to know what responsibilities are ours to fulfill.
To receive future posts automatically, simply subscribe or click here.