Today, I just want to give leaders a gift – Quotes on Leadership. Leaders love quotes. They frame what we’re thinking and help us communicate better. Here is some of the best I’ve accumulated over the last few months.
- “This is a utility that people can use to understand their world.” – Mark Zuckerberg
- “One of the key insights of Facebook was to focus social networking as a utility rather than social networking as entertainment.” – Jeff Hammerbocker
- “The Facebook story is a great example of how if you’re building a product people love, you can make a lot of mistakes.” – Zuckerberg
Sports Illustrated (SI) February 14th
- “When you aren’t sure of yourself, you do two things: talk about how good you are and blame somebody else when things go wrong.” – Dan D’Antoni
- “Personally, as a Russian, I feel no pressure. No matter what nationality you are, if you stop the puck, you stay with the team.” – Flyers goalie Sergei Bobrovsky
SI February 7th
- “U can’t train that thing that beats in ya chest either have it or u dont” – Tweet from Oscar De La Hoya
SI January 31st
- “You can’t control what the refs are calling, and you can’t control what the NFL is trying to do with the rules (how to hit). You can control how you play the game.” – Ike Taylor as told to by the Pittsburgh Steelers coaches.
SI January 24th
- “I respect great players helping my career.” – Denver Nuggets head coach George Karl on Carmelo Anthony
SI January 17th
- “It’s a child’s game we play. It’s not tough to focus on this. We had to concentrate on this one, and now we have concentrate on the next one.” – Ed Reed
- “You have to have enough flexibility to see who your better players are and then build your scheme around the players you have.” – Dom Capers
- “People think once you are a pro, you’re done improving, it’s just tournaments. That cannot be. Sometimes it might be a (stroke), sometimes it might be attitude, but you can always get better.” – Rafael Nadal
- “It’s difficult to practice the pressure of a fifth set of a Grand Slam, but if you practice your whole life with intensity, staying there mentally when the big moments arrive it’s less difficult. I am very positive. I am normally happy, and that helps. You don’t have to be mad to have intensity.” – Nadal
Sporting News January 12th
- “And the thing Mike (Mularkey) does is make average players good. He makes good players great.” Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams on Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey
- “Matt (Ryan) has matured physically, but he’s matured much more intellectually in terms of understanding the NFL game.” – Falcons head coach Mike Smith
- “Truly special players don’t come along often but it all comes together when they do.” – Texas head coach Mack Brown
- “He made my mother feel good and then he told me specifically how he was going to help me become the player I wanted to be, how I would be in position to play professionally.” – Rolando McClain on why he signed with Nick Saban and Alabama.
- “Velocity is getting cheap.” – Washington Nationals G.M. Mike Rizzo because so many young pitchers are throwing in the 90s.
ESPN Gameday – November 6th
- “We get everybody else’s best game because of who we are and what we’ve done.” – Saban
To make your voice heard as a leader, click The Leadership Tribe link.
To automatically receive future posts on leadership, simply subscribe or click here.