To show there is absolutely no correlation between talent and character, the following are some leadership quotes from Charlie Sheen courtesy of www.comcast.net. I use the term “leadership” loosely but the reality is that this man has a tremendous amount of influence over those in his life.
- “I am on a drug. It’s called ‘Charlie Sheen.’ It’s not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off, and your children will weep over your exploded body. Too much?”
- “They were like ‘AA this’ and I was like ‘bye bye that’.”
- “I just don’t do it (relapse). I will not believe that if I do something then I have to follow a certain path because it was written for normal people. People who aren’t special. People who don’t have tiger blood and Adonis DNA.”
- “Rock bottom? That’s a fishing term. Doesn’t Jimmy Buffett sing ‘Down to rock bottom again?’ Doesn’t he? Love me some Jimmy Buffett.”
- “I demand that these questions be answered (about going back to work), because until they are, we’re just sitting there like Winnie the Pooh over there. That’s how I feel. I am that happy. Look at that smile on his perfect face.”
- “Whatever … If they want me in it, it’s a smash (Major League 3). If they don’t, it’s a turd that opens on a tugboat.”
- “Clearly I have defeated this earthworm (Men producer Chuck Lorre) with my words — imagine what I would have done with my fire-breathing fists.”
- “News flash: I am special, and I will never be one of you. I’m going to hang out with these two smoking hotties and fly privately around the world. It might be lonely up here, but I sure like the view.”
- “I’m tired of pretending I’m not a total b*****n’ rock star from Mars.”
- “And then what, what’s the cure? Medicine? Make me like them? Not gonna happen. I’m bi-winning (as opposed to bi-polar) — I win here and I win there.”
- “If you’re a part of my family, I will love you violently.”
- “I spent close to the last decade effortlessly and magically converting your tin cans into pure gold. And the gratitude I get is this charlatan (Lorre) chose not to do his job, which is to write. Clearly someone who believes he’s above the law.”
- “I believe that chivalry is not dead. It’s just been in a coma for a long time.”
- “The run I was on made Sinatra, Jagger, Richards, all the others look like droopy-eyed, armless children. It was epic.”
- “I have a disease? B******t. I cured it with my brain.”
- “My success rate (on curing himself) is 100 percent. Do the math!”
- “There’s a new sheriff in town. And he has an army of assassins.”
- “I have a grandiose life. I embrace it. Sorry my life is so much more b****in’ than yours. I planned it this way.”
- “I’m insulted (about the show’s hiatus). I am confused. But these resentments, they are the rocket fuel that lives in the tip of my saber. Want to go to war. Let’s go to war.”
- “Every plan I have is the best plan in the room.”
- “Look what I’m dealing with, man. I’m dealing with fools and trolls.”
- “An unwanted relative being given cold coffee at 9pm every night.” – On his eight years on ‘Two And One-Half Men’
- “I was referring to Chuck by his real name, because I wanted to address the man, not the bulls**t TV persona. So you’re telling me, anytime someone calls me Carlos Estevez, I can claim they are anti-Latino?” – when referred to as an anti-semite.
- “Stay off the crack. Drink chocolate milk.”
- “Yeah, yeah, but that kinda blew up in my face … like an exploding crack pipe.” when asked about doing drugs socially.
What’s your thoughts about Charlie Sheen? Where do you think this is ultimately headed?
To make your voice heard as a leader, click The Leadership Tribe link.
To automatically receive future posts on leadership, simply subscribe or click here.